Private health insurance gives you and your family quick access to medical treatment. Treatment is often at the hospital of your choice. You can avoid long waiting lists and choose when you would like to be treated. A lot of people buy health care cover to:
- See a consultant for quick diagnosis.
- Get fast access to treatment.
- Choose their hospital and doctor.
- Pick appointments that are convenient to them.
- Recover in a private en-suite room.
- Benefit from WiFi and private TV.
- Enjoy unrestricted visiting hours .
- Choose from a wide range of freshly prepared, healthy meals.
Compare private medical insurance quotes online from leading health insurers to find a policy that meets your budget.
How does private health insurance work?
Health insurance works alongside the services provided by the NHS. Once your cover is in place it takes just a few simple steps to get private care if you think something is wrong.
- Visit your GP if you suspect something is wrong.
- Let your GP know you have health insurance
- If you need to see a specialist, private healthcare can be arranged.
- Make a claim with your insurer who will arrange payment for your treatment.
Health insurance covers acute medical conditions that can be treated. Cover can include consultations, surgery, nursing and private hospital recovery. Policies can vary in their level of cover and you can tailor your insurance to meet your budget and needs.
Examples of other benefits that can be included in health insurance are physiotherapy, cancer care and access to drugs and treatments not always available on the NHS. Emergency medical treatment is not covered by private health insurance plans.
Compare health insurance quotes with ActiveQuote
ActiveQuote is one of the leading health and protection insurance comparing websites in the UK and partner with Confused.com, Gocompare and uSwitch.
Our technology lets you compare health insurance quotes from the leading health insurers in the UK. Our panel includes:
- April UK
- AXA PPP
- Bupa Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- General & Medical
- PHC (Permanent Health Company)
- Universal Provident
- WPA (Western Provident Association)
You can tailor your quotes online to suit your needs and budget and you can buy your chosen policy online. You can also speak to an advisor for free if you would like help choosing a policy.
With ActiveQuote you can:
- View more than 50 quotes online.
- Compare the UK’s leading insurers.
- Tailor your quotes online with live price updates.
- Buy your chosen health insurance online.
- Get free advice from a health insurance specialist.