ActiveQuote Ltd. has been announced as a finalist for an award ceremony that recognises and celebrates the best companies in the city.
The company has been shortlisted for the Financial & Professional Services Business of the Year at the Cardiff Business Awards, which aims to put the spotlight on individuals and businesses that have played a crucial role in establishing the city as a thriving centre for economic activity.
ActiveQuote’s MD, Dr. Richard Theo has also been shortlisted for Entrepreneur of the Year.
Backed by organisations including Natwest, City of Cardiff Council and the Cardiff Business Club, the awards focus on the successes of businesses and entrepreneurs based in the capital.
Companies and business people from a variety of backgrounds entered the awards. Professor Dylan Jones-Evans, founder of the Wales Fast Growth 50 awards, Ken Poole, Head of Economic Development at City of Cardiff Council and Barry Evans of NatWest Bank selected ActiveQuote and Dr Richard Theo to be finalists. He will now be interviewed against four other finalists in each respective category. The winners will be announced at a glittering ceremony in Cardiff City Hall on 18th September.
Dr Richard Theo, Managing Director at ActiveQuote said:
“It’s a thrill and an honour for ActiveQuote to be shortlisted alongside such recognisable and reputable local businesses. It’s particularly rewarding for us, coming just months after being named fastest growing firm in Cardiff by the Fast Growth 50 Awards. We look forward to the announcement in September and wish all the finalists the best of luck in the interview stages.”
The event is being organised by local company Grapevine Event Management. Its founder, Liz Brookes said:
“We are delighted to announce our shortlist, which includes a host of talented businesses and individuals who have achieved significant commercial success and made Cardiff the thriving economic city it is today.
“We received many strong entries and it was very difficult to whittle the nominees down. However, we are delighted that our finalists demonstrate the talented business people and businesses that make Cardiff such a great place to work.”
Barry Evans, Regional Director at NatWest – the main sponsors of the awards - said:
“NatWest is delighted to be among the principal supporters of the Cardiff Business Awards. Cardiff is a vibrant city with a strong enterprise culture which we work hard to support. Our various initiatives designed to benefit the business community of the capital include the launch next year of an accelerator hub in association with social enterprise Entrepreneurial Spark.”
In addition to the award sponsors, a number of Cardiff’s entrepreneurial communications businesses such as Brighter Comms, Cleartech Live and Bluegg are also providing support for the event.
Those interested can read more about the Cardiff Business Awards here: http://cardiffbusinessawards.com/
The shortlisted companies and individuals are as follows:
- Creative and digital business of the year (sponsored by the University of South Wales): Atticus Digital; Effective Communication; Liberty Marketing; Yard Digital
- Entrepreneur of the year (sponsored by Cardiff Metropolitan University): Andrew Cooksley (ACT); Richard Theo (Activequote); Andrea Callanan (Sing and Inspire); Steve Dimmick
- Financial and professional services business of the year (sponsored by Welsh Government): Activequote; Deloitte; Eversheds; Quantum Advisory
- Green business of the year (sponsored by Wales Enviromental): ECO2; Fareshare; SMS plc; Wardell Armstrong
- International business of the year (sponsored by Brighter Comms): Colin Jones Clarke and Hartland; Genesis Biosciences; IQE PLC; Zipporah
- Retail business of the year (sponsored by Blake Morgan): Nata&Co; PA Black; Specsavers; Tiger Stores
- SME of the year (sponsored by Cardiff and Vale College): CPS Group; Liberty Marketing; Orchard Media; TB Davies
- Start-Up business of the year (sponsored by Cardiff Council): Action Petz, Compare my move, Crafty Devil, Tiger Stores, Trakcel
- Technology and innovation business of the year (sponsored by Cardiff University): Genesis Biosciences, IQE Plc, TrakCel, Yard Digital
- Tourism and leisure business of the year (sponsored by First Great Western): St David's Hotel; Park Plaza; Cardiff Devils; Wales Millennium Centre
- Young businessperson of the year (sponsored by Eversheds): Nicholas de Figueiredo (Capital Law); Nick Saunders (Depot); Lloyd Morgan (Rockadove)
© ActiveQuote Ltd. 2015