What is Over 50s Life insurance?
Over 50s Life Cover is a policy that provides cover for the whole of life, and will pay out in the event of a terminal illness or death, subject to meeting the terms of the qualifying period.
Policyholders choose an over 50s life plan for all sorts of reasons, such as covering funeral expenses, leaving an inheritance to children and grandchildren and ensuring that their partner or spouse is financially comfortable. You do not need a medical assessment to take out over-50s life cover and your medical history is not taken into account.
How could it help your family?
Over 50s Life Insurance is for UK residents aged 50 - 80, to provide your family with a cash sum after you die, to help contribute towards funeral costs or to leave as a gift. It only takes a few minutes to get cover, so take out life insurance today.
What is OneFamily Guaranteed Over 50s Life Cover?
OneFamily Over 50s Life Cover is a 5 Star rated cover*, designed to provide for your loved ones and dependants if you pass away or are diagnosed with a terminal illness during the length of the policy.
Unlike similar products on the market, OneFamily's Over 50's Life Cover offers terminal illness benefit as standard, after the policy has been in place for two years.
Acceptance is guaranteed without the need for a medical examination, and cover is available to any UK resident between the age of 50 and 80 years old (subject to sum assured and premium limits).
Why should I choose OneFamily Over 50s Life Cover?
- Guaranteed acceptance without a medical examination – provided you are a UK resident aged between 50-80
- Life cover lump sum is payable where death occurs after the policy has been in force for at least two years
- Funeral funding – by Golden Charter, it includes a £300 contribution from their appointed funeral director towards the cost of your funeral. If you are considering a direct to cremation funeral, please note that the £300 contribution will not apply.* This feature is automatically included in your policy but you can opt out at any time by calling OneFamily which will pass your details to Golden Charter who will send you full Terms & Conditions for their Funeral Funding policy
- Terminal illness benefit – 100% of the life cover may be claimed if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, have less than 12 months to live and as long as the policy has been in force for at least two years
- Accidental death benefit – if, within the first two years, you die as a result of an accident, the policy will pay a cash lump sum to your estate of 300% of the sum assured, subject to a maximum payout of £48,000.
- Flexibility to reduce your premiums - You may be able to reduce your premium as long as you have held your policy for at least four years. Your benefit will reduce and minimum premiums apply.
How do I buy a Guaranteed Over 50s Life Cover?
Deciding to take out life insurance is a sensible decision, as with many types of insurance, it’s a good idea to compare life insurance quotes to ensure you find the right cover at the right price. ActiveQuote is one of the UK’s leading comparison sites, working in partnership with MoneySuperMarket, Confused.com, Gocompare and uSwitch, and getting your quotes with us takes less than two minutes!
By simply filling in our short online form, you will get free no obligation Over 50s Life Cover quote. As with many types of policy, the quotes will allow you to weigh up affordability of premiums with the level of cover provided.
If you have questions or need extra help, please call us on 0800 862 0949.
All information is correct as at 15.07.2020}
* Rated 5 Star cover by Defaqto - an independent financial information business, helping consumers make better informed decisions. They analyse more than 41,000 financial products in the UK that change on a daily basis. Their experts have done all the hard work so that consumers can make better informed decisions.