Job Vacancies at ActiveQuote
To apply for any of the posts below, send en email to the email address listed on
the advert containing your CV. Please include the job title in the Subject of your
Cardiff-based ActiveQuote is the UK’s leading comparison website and broker for Private Health Insurance, Income Protection Insurance and Life Insurance products. We are a Welsh start-up, founded on innovation through technology.
Working with partners including Confused.com, Gocompare and uSwitch, as well as attracting our own direct customers, we provide an on-line and telephone service for consumers allowing them to tailor quotes, shortlist policies and buy the best and most cost effective levels of cover for them. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we do not cold call or operate a “hard-sell” business and we pride ourselves on being a pleasure to do business with.
Due to natural expansion and internal opportunities, we are looking to grow our Sales Department.
The Telemarketing Consultant’s has the first contact with a customer, explains the features of ActiveQuote and the benefits of the Advised Sales process, to generate and refer a lead for the Sales Adviser.
The key scope of the role is to make high volume outbound calls on real time and legacy campaigns to meet an expected call and quality target, delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Providing excellent customer service in line with ActiveQuote standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Answer all inbound calls in a proactive and customer focused manner, ensuring that calls are answered and redirected within an agreed service level.
- Acting as the first point of contact on call campaigns to bolster a customer’s interest and generate a lead for the Sales Advisers.
- Clearly and concisely explain the features and benefits of ActiveQuote, the Advised Sales Process and our Products.
- Provide administrative support within the customer journey.
- Achieve and maintain targets for productivity, quality and compliance.
- Talk positively about the ActiveQuote brand with customers, raising awareness of full product offering and take advantage of cross sell opportunities.
- Keep up to date and adhere to the processes and policies of ActiveQuote.
- Have a high regard for compliance with in a FCA regulated business and adhering to all legislation and regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to and follow at all times the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly and be a role model for the ActiveValues.
- To constantly display and encourage ActiveQuote company values of INTEGRITY, UNITY, INNOVATION and PASSION.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Math’s and English at grade C or above (Essential).
- Welsh Baccalaureate (desirable).
- Minimum of six months relevant customer service experience (desirable).
- Experience of working in an outbound Call Centre role (desirable).
- A background in working within financial services or regulated environment (desirable).
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of Financial Products (desirable)
Specific requirements for the role
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong commitment to delivering exceptional customer experience.
- Capable of working towards targets and showing resilience and tenacity to achieve goals.
- Focused individual, able to self-motivate within a repetitive role.
- Proactive and driven individual, who is looking to grow and develop.
- Adaptable to change.
- Motivated with a good team spirit and strong work ethic.
What we're offering
- Able to work 37.5hrs per week on a flexible basis.
- Normal business hours are between 9am - 8pm Mon-Thurs, 9am – 5.30pm Friday, 10am - 2pm Sat – Shift patterns will include two late shifts per week and one Saturday shift per month.
- As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
- Salary - £14,700 per annum
- 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full ongoing training will be provided.
- Good location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company Benefits - Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, 3% Pension contribution, cycle to work scheme (40% of cycle equipment), Child Care vouchers, Seasonal events - Summer & Christmas party, invites to industry & insurance awards, opportunities for career development, further education, employee of the month & refer a friend scheme.
To apply, please send your CV to
ActiveQuote works with a small number of preferred suppliers to assist with recruitment. We ask that agencies refrain from unsolicited emails and phone calls to our employees and that no unsolicited CVs are sent to us. Any unsolicited CVs or communications will reflect unfavourably on you and will compromise any opportunity for you in the future. Any targeting of our staff for positions you are recruiting for other organisations will result in permanent exclusion. If you send any CVs, they are sent at your own risk and will be interpreted as 'gifts'. If we engage a candidate who’s CV you sent, we will not be deemed to have entered into your company's Terms and Conditions and will not be liable for any fees.
If you would like to be considered to become a preferred supplier, please send an introduction about your company to stating any specialisations. Your email will be kept on file for consideration when we next seek to add a preferred supplier.