We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our Operations team in Cardiff Bay. ActiveQuote provides Life, Health and Income Protection insurance advice to customers via a wide range of insurers, including Aviva, AXA, Bupa, Vitality, AIG, L&G to name but a few.
We operate some of the UK's leading price comparison sites for Health Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance with significant innovations and USPs through our world-leading software. We power some of the UK's leading household comparison sites including MoneySuperMarket, Confused.com, GoCompare, Money.co.uk and uSwitch.
As an ActiveQuote Infrastructure Engineer, you will form part of the ActiveQuote DevOps function, supporting the business in day to day operations, as well as facilitating business changes.
Your primary responsibility of this position is to monitor, maintain, continuously improve and support both internal and client-facing IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, networks and telecoms systems. You will be providing expert infrastructure and Network oversight through your knowledge of IT, ensuring successful delivery and performance of IT services for our clients. You will be responsible for the fulfilment of our obligations and Service Levels Targets and the alignment to Business strategy.
Essentially, this role will be a major stakeholder in the successful growth of our service offering and expansion towards global markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and identify the most appropriate options for the delivery infrastructure;
- Manage the deployment, maintenance and upgrade paths of the infrastructure;
- Contribute to the overall quality of service delivered to internal users and partners;
- Contribute to the roadmap for the development and evolution of the infrastructure that is appropriate for the current needs as well as scalable for the future needs of the business;
- Contribute toward design improvements that allow for more efficient support of the environments, applications and partnerships;
- Actively contribute to increasing the availability of our services by providing iterative improvements to existing infrastructure solutions, monitoring (PRTG and PINGDOM);
- To constantly display and encourage ActiveQuote company values of INTEGRITY, UNITY, INNOVATION and PASSION
Skills & Education
- Team player with strong communications skills;
- Customer service ethos and the ability to quickly establish good working relationships with clients;
- Netgear / HP Aruba networking equipment (LAN, WAN, WI-FI, VPN) including reference architectures for our production datacentre and Head Office (CCNP/CCDP experience essential, but certified desirable);
- Deploying and managing SAN / NAS / Azure Blob storage solutions and Technologies;
- Designing and managing Active Directory / Azure AD (Hybrid);
- Understanding of IASME Cyber Essentials and ISO 27001 Infosec controls;
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade C or above
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Infrastructure & projects-focused role;
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft environments - Windows Server, O365, VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5, Azure;
- Incident, Change and Asset Management frameworks (ITIL, MOF, TOGAF)
- Microsoft and Network Certificates desirable
What We're Offering
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Full ongoing training will be provided
- Good location with excellent transport links
- A hardworking but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business
Perks & Benefits
- Bupa Health Insurance – full cover
- Income Protection cover
- Pension Plan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Opportunities for career development
- Employee recognition scheme
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org