Data Application Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Development team in Cardiff Bay. ActiveQuote provides Life, Health and Income Protection insurance advice to customers via a wide range of insurers, including Aviva, AXA, Bupa, Vitality, AIG, L&G to name but a few.
We operate some of the UK's leading price comparison sites for Health Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance with significant innovations and USPs through our world-leading software. We power some of the UK's leading household comparison sites including MoneySuperMarket, GoCompare, Money.co.uk and uSwitch.
As an ActiveQuote Data Application Developer, you will form part of the ActiveQuote Data Team and will support our exciting commercial data projects. You will actively contribute and shape data driven applications that are key for data monetisation and drive the efficiency of business processes.
We are looking for someone which is eager to evolve in a role which will bring together Software development and data modelling. You will be a software developer, engineer (or similar), with an interest in data science, a proactive approach to problem-solving, and a keen eye for detail. Support and dedicated time will be provided for personal development, and you will be actively encouraged to cross skill together with our Web development team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Become a subject matter expert in the business data and learn how the data supports the business goals, partnerships, operations and processes.
- Drive the full cycle of development of data driven applications.
- Write effective APIs.
- Support and actively shape the development of commercial data and machine learning projects.
- To constantly display and encourage ActiveQuote company values of INTEGRITY, UNITY, INNOVATION and PASSION.
Skills & Education
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience with API frameworks (FastAPI, Flask, Django).
- Experience with Machine learning, statistical modelling and associated python modules (eg. pandas, scipy, scikit, tensorflow).
- Database experience MSSQL or similar database technology (eg. MySQL, Postgres).
- Minimum of a MSc in computer science or data/ software oriented subject.
- Experience with frontend languages and at least one framework (React, Angular, Vue).
- Some experience with NLP (eg. spacy, NLTK, gensim, PyTorch, HuggingFace).
- Use of a cloud platform such as Azure, AWS.
- Docker, Version control & CI/CD.
- .NET development experience.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
What We’re Offering
- A competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Full ongoing training will be provided
- Good location with excellent transport links
- You will have the options to work remotely and from the office
- A hardworking but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business
Benefits and Perks
- Hybrid/ Remote working.
- Bupa Health Insurance – full cover
- Income Protection cover
- Pension Plan
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Opportunities for career development
- Employee recognition scheme
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.