Health Insurance Company Overview
VitalityHealth was launched in October 2004 in the private medical insurance market operating under the brand name PruHealth. VitalityHealth is a specialist health insurer that had backing from two international financial services companies; Prudential plc and Discovery Holdings. In 2014, Discovery acquired the remaining stake from Prudential and rebranded under the VitalityHealth name.
Private Medical Insurance Plans
All plans start with core cover, which has a variety of benefits. They also include Vitality, which is their wellness programme designed to help you look after your health.
You can then tailor your plan by picking any number of optional benefits, and premiums can be reduced with a range of excess levels and a choice of hospital lists.
This list provides a summary of the benefits included within their Core Cover.Treatment must take place at a hospital included on your chosen hospital list.
- In-patient and day-patient treatment including hospital, specialist and diagnostic fees
- Out-patient treatment for MRI/CT/PET scans
- NHS Hospital Cash Benefit
- Childbirth Cash Benefit
- Home Bursing
- Private Ambulance
- Parent Accommodation
- Oral Surgery
- Pregnancy Complications
- Assistance at home
Full Cancer Cover
If you are diagnosed with cancer they cover you in-patient and out-patient costs including;
- Radiotherapy, chemotherapy and follow-up consultations
- Biological therapies
- Hormone and bisphosphonate therapies
- Cancer surgery and reconstructive surgery
- Stem cell transplantation
You can choose other cover options to compliment your core cover and build a plan that suits your budget and needs. The list of optional extras include;
- Full out-patient cover
- Physiotherapy cover
- Out-patient diagnostics
- Psychiatric cover
- Therapies cover such as homeopathy and chiropractic treatment
- Private GP helpline
- Dental cover
- Worldwide travel cover
Vitality is core to VitalityHealth’s Healthcare plans:
- Vitality encourages your employees to improve their health by doing everyday things, like walking, going to the gym, eating healthily or not smoking.
- As they take part in the programme, they’ll earn Vitality points which count towards their Vitality status.
- Everyone starts at Bronze and can move up to Silver, then Gold and finally Platinum. The higher their Vitality status becomes, the greater the rewards they could receive.
Business Health Insurance
Business Healthcare Plan from VitalityHealth also offers a comprehensive range of options so you can create a plan to suit your organisations needs and budget. There’s extra flexibility for larger corporate schemes with the Corporate Healthcare plan. The Business Healthcare Plan also gives your employees access to the Vitality scheme.
Get a quote now for any of VitalityHealth’s policies, or call for free personal advice from one of our health insurance experts on 0800 862 0373
Health Insurance Company History
||Prudential was founded on May 30 1848 in Hatton Garden, under the name “The Prudential Mutual Assurance Investment and Loan Association”. Its purpose was to offer life assurance and loans to the middle classes.
||Discovery Holdings was founded in 1992 and is the market leader in health and life insurance in South Africa.
||In October 2004 Prudential launched PruHealth, a joint venture with Discovery Holdings.
||In 2007 PruHealth was awarded numerous awards, including the Health Insurance Company of the Year Award, Individual PMI Provider of the Year and Most Innovative New Product.
||PruHealth won the Moneywise Customer Services Award 2010 for ‘Most Trusted PMI Provider’ and the Health Insurance Award for ‘Best use of eBusiness by a Provider’.In August 2010 PruHealth’s parent company Discovery completed the purchase of Standard Life Healthcare.
||PruHealth is launched under a new brand name of VitalityHealth
Health Insurance Company Statistics
- VitalityHealth launched in 2004 with a team of ten, now they employ over 1,000 people
- VitalityHealth is a health insurer backed Discovery Holdings, a leading South African health insurance provider
- It currently looks after over 700,000 members.*
^ Source: VitalityHealth
20 Gracechurch Street
c/o 2 George Yard
Tel: 0207 258 6000 (Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm)
Get a quote now for any of VitalityHealth’s policies