What is the Guaranteed Over 50s Life Cover?
The Guaranteed Life Plan is a whole of life policy. It will pay out a fixed sum of money, known as the ‘sum assured’, if:
- you die after the first two years of the policy; or
- you die in the first two years of the policy, under our definition of accidental death
You won’t have to tell us about your health but you must tell us if you are a smoker or non-smoker because this will affect the range of sums assured available to you.
Am I eligible?
If you are a UK resident and either a non-smoker aged between 50-80 years old or a smoker aged between 50-75 years old, you are guaranteed to be accepted – there are no questions about your health.
How could it help your family?
This policy could help those who need a sum of money after your death. Leaving behind a lump sum could make a big difference to your loved ones by:
- Helping to pay towards your funeral costs - the average cost of a funeral in the UK has risen from £2,168 to £4,271 in the past 12 years – a rise of 97% (Sun Life Cost of Dying Report 2018)
- Helping to pay outstanding bills or credit cards - the average debt per UK household, for credit cards alone, stands at £2,655 (The Money Statistics May 2019 Full Report)
- Leaving a cash legacy to your loved ones - put it towards education, something special or to help them get a start in life.
Why should I choose National Friendly Guaranteed Over 50s Life Plan?
- Choice of monthly premiums - depending on your budget.
- Choice of cash lump sum - depending on the amount you wish to leave behind and the monthly premiums you want to pay.
- Guaranteed acceptance - no medical questions. If you are a UK resident and either a non-smoker aged between 50-80 years old or a smoker aged between 50-75 years old, you are guaranteed to be accepted.
- Accidental death - if you die following an accident during the first two years of your policy and death is within 90 days of the accident as a result of your injuries, we will pay out the cash lump sum.
- Non-accidental death - we will pay a cash lump sum on your death once you’ve had the policy for at least two years. If you die within the first two years other than the result of an accident, we will pay back 150% of the premiums you have paid to date.
- Beneficiary options - you can nominate a beneficiary (or beneficiaries) to receive up to £5,000 upon death, or the policy can be placed in trust.
- Excellent customer service - sympathetic approach from our helpful staff.
- Simple claims process - your claimant will complete and return a form to National Friendly together with any additional information we need. Once approved, National Friendly will pay the cash lump sum without further ado.
How do I buy a Guaranteed Over 50s Life Plan?
Deciding to take out life insurance is a sensible decision, as with many types of insurance, it’s a good idea to compare life insurance quotes to ensure you find the right cover at the right price. ActiveQuote is one of the UK’s leading comparison sites, working in partnership with MoneySuperMarket, Confused.com, Gocompare and uSwitch, and getting your quotes with us takes less than two minutes!
By simply filling in our short online form, you will get free no obligation Over 50s Life Cover quote. As with many types of policy, the quotes will allow you to weigh up affordability of premiums with the level of cover provided.
If you have questions or need extra help, please call us on 0800 862 0949.
All information is correct as at 16.07.2020