Insurance Quotes from Bupa Healthcare
Health Insurance Company Overview
Bupa, originally the British United Provident Association, is the largest health insurance provider in the UK. Bupa is a not-for-profit organisation which is able to plough all profits back into health insurance and the provision of care services to its customers.
Bupa's main interests are health insurance, care homes for young disabled and older people, workplace health services, health assessments and chronic disease management services.
Sixty years ago, Bupa was set up to help prevent, relieve and cure sickness and ill-health of every kind. Today, our purpose remains the same. By investing in innovative services, like offering access to the very latest proven drugs and treatment, and their pioneering dementia care, they single-mindedly continue to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders they can focus on caring for you
At Bupa, they have no shareholders. Their priority is looking after you...through our care homes, health insurance, home healthcare, health centres and dental centres.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives
They do this by providing a broad range of healthcare services, support and advice to people throughout their lives.
A leading international healthcare group, they run care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals, offer personal and company health insurance and provide home healthcare, workplace health services, health assessments and chronic disease management services including health coaching.
They are committed to making quality healthcare, focused on the patients needs, more affordable and accessible in the areas of wellness, chronic disease management and ageing.
Health Insurance Plans
Below is a summary of Bupa’s most popular health insurance plans to help you find one that suits you.
Bupa By You
Bupa By You enables you to build your preferred health insurance option by choosing a core health insurance option from the below
- Bupa Comprehensive - Covers your medical costs from diagnosis to treatment and aftercare for all conditions including cancer. You can then choose from a variety of out-patient limits.
- Bupa Treatment and Care -for people who are happy to get diagnosed by the NHS but would like to receive treatment privately. We will cover the cost of treatment by a private consultant and aftercare at a private hospital, where eligible.
You can then adapt your cover as you wish from a range of options including hospital network, excess, cancer cover options, Dental and Optical Cover, Travel Cover and Complementary Therapies Cover.
The Bupa Cancer Promise
- We understand the impact that cancer can have on the lives of our members, and are continually developing our healthcare schemes to adapt to the advancements being made to treat and cure this disease.
- Without any financial or time limits on access to cancer treatment whilst you are a Bupa member, you can be reassured that all your eligible cancer treatment costs are paid in full, provided that you use one of our recognised consultants we have already agreed our fees with, within your chosen Bupa hospital network.
- If you have chosen NHS Cancer Cover Plus, cover is only available when the radiotherapy, chemotherapy or surgical operation you need is not available from your NHS.
We also offer our members:
- Help and advice from our specialist Oncology Support Team and oncology nurses throughout any cancer treatment.
- Support from our Treatment Options Service for patients making decisions about their cancer care.
- Treatment provided through our network of recognised breast, bowel and gynaecological cancer centres.
- An extensive range of information available on our website, including our Cance Health Hub
Get a quote now for any of Bupa's policies, or call for free personal advice from one of our health insurance experts on 0800 862 0373
Health Insurance Company History
|Bupa began as the British United Provident Association in 1947 to preserve freedom of choice in healthcare.
|Bupa began the first major company health insurance scheme. As demand for healthcare began to increase, Bupa founded the Nursing Homes Charitable Trust, later renamed as Nuffield Hospitals.
|To help relieve the shortage of hospital beds, Bupa used its reserves and investment income to help develop Nuffield Hospitals into a national network to provide quality care for private patients.
|Bupa opened the very first screening centre in Central London. The 70’s also saw Bupa branch out overseas to Asia.
|Bupa began working in tandem with the UK’s National Health Service, and started work with universities in the postgraduate training of young doctors. Bupa International was launched in 1982.
|Bupa entered the care homes sector with the first acquisition of 30 homes in the UK in 1996. Bupa also became associated with health and fitness, not just illness and treatment, with a high-profile sports sponsorship programme.
|Bupa made major acquisitions in Australia, New Zealand and Latin America, and bought Health Dialog in the US.
|Max Bupa, its newest venture, commenced in India in 2010 in partnership with Max India.
Health Insurance Company Statistics
- Bupa has been conducting business for over 60 years.
- Bupa’s largest and original business is in the UK where it is the leading health insurer, but it has significant operations around the world.
- Bupa currently employs around 40,000 people in the UK.
- In the UK Bupa have 3.3 million insured members, and more than 80% of FTSE 100 companies are Bupa customers.
- Bupa International is the world’s largest international expatriate health insurer with customers in over 190 countries and a network of more than 5,500 hospitals and clinics.*
Bupa Health & Wellbeing UK
Tel- 0845 60 90 111- If you are an existing customer
Get a quote for this company now.