Individual Health Insurance
Individual Health Insurance offers you access to first class medical insurance without the wait. Whether it’s your first time searching individual health insurance plans, or if you are looking to switch cover to more affordable individual health insurance policy, we can help you find a quote that’s right for your budget.
Our health insurance comparison system offers individual health insurance quotes from all leading insurers in the UK, including Aviva, PruHealth and Simplyhealth. Not only can you compare affordable individual health insurance plans online, but you can buy your chosen policy instantly.
Individual health insurance plans
Health insurance for individuals is typically categorised into three different pricing structures- budget, mid-range and comprehensive.
Affordable individual health insurance
Budget individual health insurance plans are the cheapest type of medical insurance, but offer a limited amount of cover. Budget health insurance for individuals generally covers inpatient and day patient treatment, meaning that private outpatient consultation fees and diagnostic tests will not be covered. However, if you are looking for low cost, this type of individual medical insurance might suit you.
Mid-range individual health insurance
Mid-range policies often turn out to be affordable individual health insurance plans with a good level of cover. These plans will cover full inpatient and day patient treatment, but may put annual limits on the amount of outpatient treatment you can claim.
Comprehensive Health Insurance
Comprehensive individual health insurance is the most expensive type of medical insurance, but it does offer the highest level of cover. With an individual health insurance plan you will be covered for inpatient, day patient and outpatient treatment, as well as other benefits like psychiatric care and complementary therapy.
Tailored health insurance for individuals
As well as budget, mid-range and comprehensive, insurers also offer plans that can be adapted to each individual customer. These policies usually start with a core module of basic cover, which you can then add additional modules to like comprehensive cancer care.
Cost of individual health insurance
The type of cover you choose will affect the cost of your individual health insurance quotes. However, there are other things that may have an impact on your premiums.
Factors to consider
- Age: The older you are, the more expensive you will find individual health insurance plans to be. This is because you are more likely to make a claim on your policy.
- Smoker: Whilst most insurers do not penalise their customers for being smokers, many do offer a 10% discount to those who are non-smokers. To be considered a non-smoker you have to have gone a minimum of 12 months tobacco free.
- Healthy lifestyle: Individuals who eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly could be rewarded by health insurers with lower premiums and other incentives.
There are other ways you can lower the cost of your individual health insurance quotes, like using a discount scheme.
- Excess: One way of finding affordable individual health insurance quote is by adding an excess to your policy. With an excess, you agree to pay a fixed sum of money towards a claim. This could significantly lower the cost of your individual health insurance plans, and will not affect the cover.
- Reducing your hospital list will lower your individual health insurance costs because you won’t be paying for hospitals you don’t need.
- You can also add a six week option to your policy. This means that if the NHS can treat you within six weeks you will be treated on the NHS. If the waiting list is longer than that, you will go private straight away.
Finding health insurance for individuals
There are many ways of buying individual health insurance, but the easiest is using a comparison website like ActiveQuote. Simply tell us what you are looking for in your health insurance plan and we will search the whole UK market for affordable individual health insurance quotes.
Compare quotes with ActiveQuote
- Compare up to 50 health insurance quotes online
- Quotes from leading insurers like Aviva, Pru Health and AXA PPP
- Tailor your quotes to fit your needs and your budget
- Buy your chosen individual health insurance plan online