Health Insurance Plans
In the UK there are a range of different insurers offering a variety of health insurance plans, and choosing the right one can sometimes be a challenge. Our comparison system offers free private health insurance plans online in less than two minutes, helping you find an affordable medical insurance plan for you and your family. Simply fill out your details in the quote form on the right and you can compare best healthcare insurance plans from the leading providers and buy your chosen policy instantly online.
Differences in Medical Insurance Plans
Health insurance companies typically divide their health insurance plans into three categories offering different levels of cover: budget, mid-range and comprehensive. You can buy a private health insurance plan that suits your own situation, whether that is for yourself, a family or for your child. The best medical insurance plan may not be the cheapest option- sometimes low cost health insurance plans do not offer enough cover for your needs.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Individual health insurance plans are designed to cover the cost of private treatment for one person:
- A budget policy is a cheap health insurance plan that usually only covers the cost of inpatient and day patient treatment at a private hospital. In most cases consultation fees and diagnostic tests are not covered on a basic plan.
- Mid-range policies cover full inpatient and day patient treatment and selected outpatient treatments. Many people find mid-range policies to be the most affordable on the market.
- Finally, comprehensive policies may be the most expensive, but in terms of cover they are the best medical insurance plans. These offer full inpatient and day patient cover, outpatient cover, MRI and CT scans and many other benefits.
Family Health Insurance Plans
Family health insurance plans group a set of individual medical insurance policies together into one affordable premium. The best family health insurance plans offer cover for all named family members. There are many benefits to having one of these plans, including:
- Giving your family a choice of appointment times and top consultants. This is one of the biggest advantages of health care insurance, allowing you to plan treatment around your family schedule.
- Avoid hospital superbugs like MRSA and C Difficile which are common in NHS hospitals.
- As with individual health insurance plans, family policies can be cheap or more costly depending on how much cover you want.
Child Health Insurance Plans
Child health insurance plans cover children for private treatment up to the age of 18. Different insurers offer different benefits on their low cost child medical insurance plans, for example:
- Parent accommodation at the private hospital if staying with a child under a certain age
- Cash benefits if your child is an inpatient
- Personal support for parents via helplines
- Access to a GP helpline
Aviva, AXA PPP and many other insurers of child health insurance plans, which you can compare online with ActiveQuote.
Compare Health Insurance Plans
One of the easiest ways to decide on a private health insurance plan is to use a price comparison website like ActiveQuote. In under two minutes you could search medical insurance plans from all the leading insurers in the UK, including Aviva, Pru Health, Simplyhealth and AXA PPP.
With our comparison system you can find the best health insurance plan to suit your budget, whether that is a cheap medical insurance plan with minimal cover, or a less affordable healthcare plan with a wide range of benefits.
Once you have generated your health insurance plan quotes you can tailor them online to create a healthcare plan that is right for you. Options such as the excess, hospital list and modules can be changed with a click of a button, and your chosen health care insurance plan can be bought instantly.