SQL Database Developer
ActiveQuote are looking for a Database Developer to join the BI & Data function in our expanding DevOps team. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running as we undergo major change to our BI & Reporting platform and support our team of Software Developers. The successful applicant will be involved in developing new stored procedures, views and database jobs that support our comparison engine and CRM application, as well working with the Development team to ensure that the database platform is secure and operates effectively with a long-term goal of migrating the whole platform to the cloud.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Become a subject matter expert in the business data and learn how the data supports the business goals, operations and processes.
- Undertake technical performance reviews of the Database, analyze the finding and implement tuning enhancements.
- Ensure that our indexing strategy is properly implemented and continuously reviewed.
- Incept, Develop and implement new pieces of work (T-SQL) that support the bespoke CRM application and improve how ActiveQuote’s database functions.
- Act in an advisory and consultancy capacity for the Dev team ensuring that all Database scripts are optimised and tuned and participate in database code reviews
- Implement and manage DevOps and automation for the database.
- Work with the Project Management team to ensure that any projects that affect the Database are correctly planned and implemented.
- Work with the other members of the BI & Data function or the wider DevOps team to manage and resolve incidents that affect the performance of the database, operation of the application, provision of data, reports and BI.
- Ensure that relevant documentation is produced and maintained that describe the database and how it interacts with the wider environment working with the wider team ensure that the Database platform is fully supported at all times.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org