Head of Partnerships
A fantastic opportunity to head up the Partnerships function within an entrepreneurial business with a growing brand in the UK.
We operate some of the UK's leading price comparison sites for Health Insurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Insurance with significant innovations and USPs through our world-leading software. We have partnerships with some of the UK's leading household aggregators including Confused.com, Money.co.uk, GoCompare, and uSwitch with whom we work closely.
This is the ideal role for an experienced Senior Manager to be responsible for managing strong working relationships with our insurers and aggregators. With a successful track record, preferably in insurance or financial services.
As the Head of Partnerships, you will be responsible for managing relationships with our partners, and identifying and developing new opportunities, in the interests of profitable long-term business.
Reporting directly to the MD, you will manage and develop existing and new partner relationships with both insurers, aggregators and affiliates.
You will be responsible for managing the two Partnerships Managers for insurance and aggregators.
Responsibilities and Duties –
- To maintain and develop excellent relationships with existing partners.
- Develop and generate new business by:
- Identifying third parties that generate enquiries for AQ products and negotiate as appropriate partnership, white label or affiliate contracts to achieve sustainable relationships, flexible supply volumes, quality and profitability.
- Visit and present to potential new partners where business opportunity supports the time and cost of a visit.
- Report to the MD monthly on the progress of new business initiatives, sales performance and ROI.
- Work to promote the strongest awareness and positive perceptions of the company to the highest level with partner organisations.
- Conduct periodic account reviews with senior representatives of providers.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of the operational processes employed by the company to organise the end to end sales process of its products
- Negotiate the best commercial terms with the providers.
- Ensure that all provider relationships are covered by appropriate terms of business agreements that do not conflict with strategic objectives, are compliant with regulatory rules and principles and do not create any significant risks for the company.
- Be the product expert within the company and available to advise staff internally about products, particularly around complex aspects of products.
- Conduct regular price competitiveness analysis against competitors and peer companies to ensure that we are pricing products competitively and profitably.
- Execute in depth analysis of performance metrics relating to the company’s performance in selling & servicing each providers’ products and report the findings to the Managing Director and other key stakeholders with KPIs. Analysis to include benchmarking internally against other products and against peer company’s’ performance.
- Establish strong working relationships with the Senior Management and other stakeholders in the business
- As one of a small Senior Management team, take responsibility for the “big picture” and deal with any matter that needs attention, particularly when other senior management are not available or away from the office.
- Take a lead in new product development (NPD), including new comparisons and new “own brand” products, brought to market by ActiveQuote or through another member of the group. This would include preparing Business Plans and Business Cases.
- Be involved in ensuring regulatory compliance in the Company’s selling and support processes, with a focus on product specific areas.
- Contributing to setting and achieving the company’s direction and priorities; role modelling the company’s culture, values and desired behaviours. To constantly display and encourage ActiveQuote company values of INTEGRITY, UNITY, INNOVATION and PASSION.
You will need –
- Industry Knowledge in relation to competitors’ terms of products and service offerings, pricing, marketing strategies
- Strong business acumen
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high-quality standard
- Personable, with a collaborative leadership style, calm and collective under pressure
- A clear focus on issues and the ability to be persuasive and influential
- Be decisive and business savvy with the ability to demonstrate solid problem solving, decision-making and analytical capabilities
In return, you will get the opportunity to join an established and financially robust business, with an excellent reputation within their industry.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mondays to Fridays 9am to 5.30pm.
Salary: £60k - £65k, dependent on experience.
Benefits & Perks: 36 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays), Full ongoing training will be provided, Good location with excellent transport links, A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business, Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension Scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Package.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, or have any questions please call Clare Allen, Head of Operations for a chat on 029 2009 8067. Alternatively email us at email@example.com. No recruitment agencies at this time.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org