Front End Developer
A fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business with a growing brand in the UK.
We operate some of the UK's leading price comparison sites for Health Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance with significant innovations and USPs through our world-leading software. We power some of the UK's leading household comparison sites including Confused.com, GoCompare, uSwitch and Money.co.uk.
ActiveQuote are looking to expand their Development team in Cardiff due to continued success and ambitious plans to deliver several new projects in 2018. This opportunity is for a talented and enthusiastic Front End Developer to join our existing team in delivering cutting edge web applications.
Reporting to the Senior Front End Developer, the Front End Developer will work with the development team designing, building and developing new front-end projects, customer-facing sites and build systems, as well as improving existing products under the guidance of the senior front end developer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Degree educated in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field (desirable)
- Experience of creating user friendly wireframes, designing and creating functional, responsive websites
- Working within an agile environment (desirable)Experience creating fully functioning front end templates from Photoshop or wireframe designs
- Experience with Node & Gulp (desirable)
- Exposure of Visual Studio as you’ll be working in a team with .NET MVC C# developers
- Experience working with CSS Grid system like Bootstrap or similar
- Use of Wireframing / Prototyping tools
- Experience of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- An understanding of UX and UI design
- Mobile application development (desirable)
- Experience using CMS (Preferably Umbraco)
- Creative, highly organised, able to manage deadlines
- A desire to keep up to date with the latest advances in front end development and design
- Knowledge of current web trends and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Passionate and hard working
- Engaging individual who works well with others
Specific requirements for the role:
- Able to work 37.5hrs per week.
- Sometimes necessary to be present for deployments out of hours
- Core working hours 10-4, with the remaining hours to be made up either before or after this time
- As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
What we're offering
- Competitive salary.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Good location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company Benefits - Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension contribution, Buy Additional Leave, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Package.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com