DevOps Infrastructure Support
A fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business with a growing brand in the UK. We operate some of the UK's leading price comparison sites for Health Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance with significant innovations and USPs through our world-leading software. We power some of the UK's leading household comparison sites including Confused.com, GoCompare, Money.co.uk, uSwitch and MoneySuperMarket.
ActiveQuote are looking to expand their DevOps team in Cardiff due to continued success and ambitious plans to deliver several new projects. This opportunity is for a talented and enthusiastic DevOps Infrastructure Support.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the DevOps Infrastructure Support is responsible for Support and maintaining the IT infrastructure for the company premises, data centre’s and distributed network.
As the DevOps Infrastructure Support you will assist the IT Manager in planning, setting up and extending infrastructure and IT capabilities as needed. You will proactively monitor all aspects of infrastructure both data centre’s and head office while working towards a Microsoft MCSA/MCSE.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Networking (physical and virtual) – responsible for installing and configuring networking devices (e.g. routers, switches, wireless devices) and network cabling in an organised and practical manner, considering health and safety measures where applicable.
- Proactive server and network monitoring to ensure systems are performing correctly and to identify any issues that could impact the delivery of service to the business and rectify.
- Perform regular checks to ensure systems are performing correctly, escalate issues to I.T manager if necessary.
- Storage – working with iSCSi, lun’s and storage pools.
- Hyper-V Installation, configuration and trouble shooting.
- VMware Installation, configuration and troubleshooting version 6 upwards, be able to setup lun’s utilizing network attached storage.
- Must have knowledge of IIS and SQL 2014 /2016/2017
- Mist have previous experience of System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Deploying workstations – includes configuring and installing Personal Computers, display devices, peripherals and other electronic equipment necessary to facilitate the employee’s needs.
- Deploying equipment – such as setting up new printers, IP devices (IP Phones/CCTV/Net2), switches, wireless devices etc.
- Domain and Server Administration – to administer the Windows Domain, including Active Directory users, groups and permissions, Group Policy (loopback processing, WMI Filtering and Exchange server, Print Server, File Server etc. You will also monitor and install product updates using WSUS.
- Network security – responsible for configuring Firewalls, network permissions, role administration etc. to adequately safeguard the company against internal and external threats or misuse of the internal IT policy.
- End user support – to carry out day-to-day face-to-face and telephone support for internal users and on occasion third parties covering the user of Windows, Telephone and Email systems, and internal software.
- Issue management – to identify, diagnose, track, and (where possible) fix issues with internal and external systems, and to liaise with external partners/service providers to facilitate improvements or fixes to dependent services.
- Inventory – to develop and maintain an up to date hardware and software inventory and to ensure all software is properly licensed.
- Stock control – to order and control the stock of consumables such as toner cartridges.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Math’s and English at grade C or above (Essential).
- A+ Networking
- Working towards MCSA and hold at least one current MCP.
- A background in working within financial services or regulated environment (desirable).
- AWS experience (desirable).
- DevOps Experience (desirable).
- Active directory configuration and trouble shooting.
- DFS/DNS/DHCP Failover/Group Policy creation with advanced experience of permission, item level targeting and WMI filtering.
- Virtual and physical environments (VMWare and Hyper-V).
- VOIP Platforms
- Data Centre’s
- Server installation and configuration, Dell, HP and Supermicro.
- Hosted platforms, Office 365
- PRTG Monitoring Systems
- Multisite WAN configuration (in-depth knowledge of active directory sites and services).
- Exchange 2013
- Structured Cabling, installation and termination.
- General break fix on Windows 7,10, Server 2008/2012/2016
- Ability to make informed and timely decisions and utilise innovation for the resolution of complex IT issues.
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivating.
- Personal Integrity and Confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ActiveValues at all times.
- Exceptional communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Passionate and hard working.
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of multi-tasking to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates problem solving attributes when required.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Able to work 37.5hrs per week.
- Out of Hours Cover. Provide on call standby support on a rota basis as part of the IT Team.
- As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
- Valid UK driving license and own transport.
What we're offering:
- Basic salary £32,000 to £38,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full ongoing training will be provided.
- Good location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company Benefits & Perks - Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension Scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Package, Employee of the month, Refer a Friend Scheme.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com