Business Analyst / Project Manager
ActiveQuote are looking to expand their development team in Cardiff due to continued success and ambitious plans to deliver several new projects in 2017/2018. This opportunity is for a talented and enthusiastic Business Analyst / Project Manager to join our existing software team in delivering cutting edge web applications.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will work across several business functions and be responsible for defining and detailing the business requirements, customer experience and business processes required for the successful development of the organisation’s digital channels.
This role is a 60:40 split in favour of Business Analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for defining the business requirements for development projects.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements via interviews and cross functional workshops, creating compelling user experiences, detailed user stories, process maps and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for keeping an up to date product backlog for the digital platform, ensuring that all proposed solutions meet the business objectives and are of the necessary quality and value.
- Liaising with design and product teams, as well as 3rd parties and software developers.
- Contribute to UAT testing.
- Responsible for Show and tells/demonstrations to business stakeholders and incorporating decisions/feedback into development.
- Works closely with the development and operational teams to communicate upcoming requirements and highlight any business process changes in advance.
- The ability to work on a wide range of projects concurrently
- The analysis of emerging technology and industry trends
- Advises and guides product and solution best practices.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills by managing the expectations, coordinating effective communication and keeping the stakeholders engaged.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Scrum master (desirable).
- Prince 2 (desirable).
- A background in working within financial services or regulated environment (desirable).
- Working within an agile environment as well as Kanban / waterfall (essential).
- Digital experience (essential).
- Customer facing Digital projects experience (essential).
- Solid experience in stakeholder management skills (essential).
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Agile project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Able to apply Agile principles and drive continuous, iterative delivery of customer value.
- Able to create and manage product backlogs within TFS.
- Highly organised, able to manage deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for problem solving.
- Passionate and hard working.
- Engaging individual who works well with others.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Able to work 37.5hrs per week.
- Working hours 9am to 5.30pm Mon to Fri.
- As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
What we're offering:
- Salary up to £40,000 dependent on experience.
- 32 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full ongoing training will be provided.
- Good location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company Benefits include: Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, Social Events, Opportunities for Career Development.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com