Health Insurance Company Overview
Bupa, originally the British United Provident Association, is the largest health insurance provider in the UK. Bupa is a not-for-profit organisation which is able to plough all profits back into health insurance and the provision of care services to its customers.
Bupa's main interests are health insurance, care homes for young disabled and older people, workplace health services, health assessments and chronic disease management services.
Health Insurance Plans
Below is a summary of Bupa’s most popular health insurance plans to help you find one that suits you.
Bupa By You
Bupa By You provides a ‘pick and mix’ approach to health insurance cover. Customers can choose from three core health insurance options according to their needs and budget.
- Bupa Comprehensive health insurance is for people who want all their eligible medical needs taken care of, including diagnosis, treatment and aftercare.
- Bupa Prompt Diagnosis health insurance helps reduce the wait for tests and scans, suiting those who want their health problems identified quickly.
- Bupa Treatment and Care health insurance is ideal for people who are happy to be diagnosed by the NHS but wish to receive private treatment.
You can then adapt your cover as you wish from a range of options including Dental and Optical Cover, Travel Cover and Complementary Therapies Cover.
Bupa Health Cash Plan
Bupa’s Health Cash Plan allows you to claim back up to 100% of what you spend on everyday treatments up to the benefit level chosen. A low monthly payment can cover you for optical, dental and physiotherapy fees.
Bupa Select for businesses
Bupa Select is a health insurance policy suitable for small, medium and large businesses with up to 250 employees. It consists of an extensive core of health cover benefits with a selection of other options, allowing you to increase or reduce your level of cover. If you are looking to cover more than 250 employees Bupa also offer a corporate plan.
Company Health Cash Plans
Bupa also offers a range of cash plans that are designed to give your employees cash back toward everyday health costs. Choose from company-paid, part subsidised, employee-paid or part of a flexible benefits package.
Get a quote now for any of Bupa's policies, or call for free personal advice from one of our health insurance experts on 0800 862 0373
Health Insurance Company History
||Bupa began as the British United Provident Association in 1947 to preserve freedom of choice in healthcare.
||Bupa began the first major company health insurance scheme. As demand for healthcare began to increase, Bupa founded the Nursing Homes Charitable Trust, later renamed as Nuffield Hospitals.
||To help relieve the shortage of hospital beds, Bupa used its reserves and investment income to help develop Nuffield Hospitals into a national network to provide quality care for private patients.
||Bupa opened the very first screening centre in Central London. The 70’s also saw Bupa branch out overseas to Asia.
||Bupa began working in tandem with the UK’s National Health Service, and started work with universities in the postgraduate training of young doctors. Bupa International was launched in 1982.
||Bupa entered the care homes sector with the first acquisition of 30 homes in the UK in 1996. Bupa also became associated with health and fitness, not just illness and treatment, with a high-profile sports sponsorship programme.
||Bupa made major acquisitions in Australia, New Zealand and Latin America, and bought Health Dialog in the US.
||Max Bupa, its newest venture, commenced in India in 2010 in partnership with Max India.
Health Insurance Company Statistics
- Bupa has been conducting business for over 60 years.
- Bupa’s largest and original business is in the UK where it is the leading health insurer, but it has significant operations around the world.
- Bupa currently employs around 40,000 people in the UK.
- In the UK Bupa have 3.3 million insured members, and more than 80% of FTSE 100 companies are Bupa customers.
- Bupa International is the world’s largest international expatriate health insurer with customers in over 190 countries and a network of more than 5,500 hospitals and clinics.*
For UK Health Insurance:
Bupa Intermediary Sales Centre
C/o Anchorage 3
Tel- 0845 60 90 111- If you are an existing customer
Tel - 0800 600 500- For individual health insurance
Tel - 0845 766 1115- For business health insurance
Get a quote for this company now.