Health Insurance Company Overview
PruHealth was launched in 2004 as a collaboration between Prudential and the South African Health Insurance leader Discovery.
PruHealth offer individual private medical insurance, group private medical insurance, and cost-plus and healthcare trust schemes. PruHealth also rewards you for looking after your health with its unique Vitality programme.
In 2010, PruHealth’s parent company Discovery completed the purchase of Standard Life Healthcare. PruHealth also underwrites Boots Health Insurance.
Private Medical Insurance Plans
Below is a summary of PruHealth’s popular private medical insurance plans to help you find one that suits you.
Personal Healthcare from PruHealth offers a comprehensive range of options that enables you to suit your needs and budget.
- Everyone starts with Core Cover, which includes In-patient and Day-patient Cover, Core Cancer Cover, NHS Hospital Cash Benefit, Child Cash Benefit, Home Nursing, Private Ambulance, Parent Accommodation and Vitality.
- You can then add Cover Enhancements to tailor your plan, including Full Cancer Cover, Out-Patient Cover, Therapies Cover, Psychiatric Cover and Vitality +.
- With Personal Healthcare, you can choose from four hospital lists to suit your location and budget. You can also choose your excess options, and your type of underwriting.
Vitality is core to PruHealth’s Healthcare plans:
- Vitality encourages your employees to improve their health by doing everyday things, like walking, going to the gym, eating healthily or not smoking.
- As they take part in the programme, they’ll earn Vitality points which count towards their Vitality status.
- Everyone starts at Bronze and can move up to Silver, then Gold and finally Platinum. The higher their Vitality status becomes, the greater the rewards they could receive.
Business Health Insurance
Business Healthcare Plan from PruHealth also offers a comprehensive range of options so you can create a plan to suit your organisations needs and budget. There’s extra flexibility for larger corporate schemes with the Corporate Healthcare plan. The Business Healthcare Plan also gives your employees access to the Vitality scheme.
Get a quote now for any of PruHealth’s policies, or call for free personal advice from one of our health insurance experts on 0800 862 0373
Health Insurance Company History
||Prudential was founded on May 30 1848 in Hatton Garden, under the name “The Prudential Mutual Assurance Investment and Loan Association”. Its purpose was to offer life assurance and loans to the middle classes.
||Discovery Holdings was founded in 1992 and is the market leader in health and life insurance in South Africa.
||In October 2004 Prudential launched PruHealth, a joint venture with Discovery Holdings.
||In 2007 PruHealth was awarded numerous awards, including the Health Insurance Company of the Year Award, Individual PMI Provider of the Year and Most Innovative New Product.
||PruHealth won the Moneywise Customer Services Award 2010 for ‘Most Trusted PMI Provider’ and the Health Insurance Award for ‘Best use of eBusiness by a Provider’.In August 2010 PruHealth’s parent company Discovery completed the purchase of Standard Life Healthcare.
Health Insurance Company Statistics
- PruHealth’s vision is to be the leading health insurer in the UK
- PruHealth is a health insurer backed by two large financial services companies - Prudential and Discovery Holdings
- It currently looks after over 700,000 members.*
^ Source: PruHealth
Laurence Pountney Hill
Tel: 0800 012 1328 (Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm)
Fax: 0800 015 8700
Get a quote now for any of PruHealth’s policies