Over 50s Health Insurance
Over 50s Health Insurance, otherwise known as Over 50s Health Cover and Over 50s Medical Insurance, gives you the choice of private treatment if you don’t want to use the National Health Service.
It can take time to search all the different health insurers to find a suitable policy. ActiveQuote can give you instant online quotes from all the leading UK insurers, including Aviva, Bupa Healthcare, PruHealth and AXA PPP.
What are the benefits of Over 50s Health Insurance?
Over 50s Health Insurance not only gives you the guarantee of prompt referral, diagnosis and treatment, it also provides many other benefits to give you peace of mind about your future health.
- NHS queues often delay you seeing a specialist, even for serious conditions. Over 50s Health Insurance will allow you to bypass these long NHS queues.
- With Over 50s Health Insurance you can receive treatment at a private hospital of your choice with a consultant of your choice, at a time that is convenient for you.
- By taking out Over 50s Health Insurance you will be treated in a private room, usually with ensuite facilities, television and a telephone by your bed.
- You will have unrestricted visiting hours in some private hospitals, so your family can come and visit whenever suits you.
- Over 50s Health Insurance could give you access to new drugs which are not available on the NHS. Take a look at our news stories for the latest in medical developments.
What should I look for in Over 50s Health Insurance?
When comparing quotes with ActiveQuote you will be able to see all the different options to choose from in each policy. Things to look for in Over 50s Health Insurance policies include:
Often people have a particular private hospital in mind when buying health insurance, usually close to their home or their families. With Over 50s Health Insurance you can choose the hospital you would like to be treated in.
ActiveQuote provides a free online hospital database which tells you which policy covers which private hospital.
Level of cover
When buying an Over 50s Health Insurance policy you will be able to choose your level of cover. There are three different types of cover, usually categorised as budget, standard and comprehensive. For more information about these terms have a glance at our health insurance guide.
Types of underwriting
There are three types of underwriting to choose from when buying an Over 50s Health Insurance policy. These are Moratorium, Full Medical Underwriting and Switch.
ActiveQuote is the only comparison site able to quote Switch policies, so you can change health insurance policies without losing any cover.
Many health insurers such as Aviva and PruHealth allow you to choose extra features on top of your core health insurance cover.
Features to look for when buying an Over 50s Health Insurance policy include:
- Outpatient cover for consultations, specialist fees, physiotherapy and diagnostic tests such as blood tests and x-rays, on an out-patient basis.
- Full cancer cover including chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Psychiatric cover and complementary therapies cover
- Discount schemes
Discount schemes are a good way of saving money on your premiums without losing cover. Popular discount schemes include a six week wait option and an increase in excess. For more information about these schemes take a look at our comprehensive health insurance guide.
What will Over 50s Health Insurance cover?
There are some conditions that will never be covered by even a fully comprehensive policy. This includes voluntary or elective medical treatment like cosmetic surgery.
If you are unsure about whether your condition will be covered by an Over 50s Health Insurance policy, browse through our free database of medical conditions for advice.
When comparing quotes with ActiveQuote, you will see full details of every Over 50s Health Insurance policy and which medical conditions it covers.
Why compare Over 50s Health Insurance with ActiveQuote?
ActiveQuote's unique quote and compare service allows you to get free quotes from all leading UK insurers and buy one instantly online.
- With ActiveQuote you can tailor your quotes with instant changes to the price.
- Your data will be completely secure in our state-of-the-art security system.
- ActiveQuote is fully authorised and regulated by the FSA and will never sell your details on to third parties.
- We allow you to change from one policy to another without losing cover with switch underwriting.
For information about why we are the only true health insurance comparison website take a look at our About ActiveQuote page.
What if I want to speak to someone in person?
Sometimes health insurance quotes can be hard to choose between. ActiveQuote is a British company that offers free, impartial advice from a team of advisers with more than 40 years’ experience. Benefits of our free advice include:
- Our advisors can help your narrow down your Over 50s Health Insurance quotes to find one that suits you.
- Our advisors will always assist you with getting claims paid in the future.
- You will be able to have your Over 50s Health Insurance annually renewed by our advisors, who will contact you if there is a better deal on the market.
Call us on the freephone number at the top of this page if you wish to speak to an experienced health insurance adviser.